[78-L] Les Paul

Michael Biel mbiel at mbiel.com
Thu Aug 13 09:58:14 PDT 2009

About a half hour ago I had to restart the computer when it got fouled
up trying to save a graphic of an unusual Columbia label from a 45 from
1959.  It was a yellow label with 4 eyes and a wedge pattern like those
rare Canadian 78s except that this was marked as made in u.s.a.  The
strange thing is that it was a Les Paul and Mary Ford record.  Was Les
making a statement?

We're seeing the reports now also.  We heard a few weeks ago that he had
been taking some time off from his weekly appearances, but just this
week we saw an ad saying He's Back.  I guess he was planning on resuming
his appearances, and we had hoped to finally go and see him.  Oh, well.

Mike Biel  mbiel at mbiel.com