[78-L] if you are interest in very early cartoons

David Lewis uncledavelewis at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 10 14:58:19 PDT 2009

http://www.cartoonbrew.com/classic/the-first-sound-krazy-kat-cartoon-ratskin.html

Joe -- thanks for the link to this. It appears that, in the last few minutes when Krazy plays the phonograph, that we have an in-studio overdub, sort of like the one in the Gennett Laughing Record where the original Okeh (Beka) Laughing Record is played along with the Gennett laughers to help fill out the recording. Is that what I'm hearing? Can anyone recognize the record or is it a garbled/jammed version for sound effects purposes? And if so, how would that have been done you figure?

Uncle Dave Lewis uncledavelewis at hotmail.com