[78-L] if you are interest in very early cartoons

Bart garioch at texas.net
Mon Aug 10 07:35:40 PDT 2009

Thanks for this reference.  I didn't even know there ever were Krazy Kat
animated cartoons, but liked the comic strips I've read in reprints.

Poking around on the site a little bit I discovered "Sita Sings the
Blues", a wonderful animated film.  Perhaps it has already been
discussed on the list and I'm late to the party, but for anyone
unfamiliar with it, it is a light hearted retelling of some of the tales
in the Indian epic, the Ramayana, set to the music of Annette Hanshaw.

Which also might be a partial answer to the question in another thread,
"The Future of Jazz?"

For those interested, the entire film is available for viewing (with the
film maker's blessing) on several websites which can be found  at

http://www.sitasingstheblues.com/

and on the internet archive

http://www.archive.org/details/Sita_Sings_the_Blues

Bart