[78-L] Leroy Anderson Christmas

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Thu Aug 6 14:36:34 PDT 2009

DAVID BURNHAM wrote:
> Wasn't it on the MCA TwoFer set back in the 80s?
>
> Mike Biel  mbiel at mbiel.com

> No, that set included everything by Leroy Anderson except the Christmas stuff.
>
> I was very disappointed when they issued the mono version a couple of years ago, I have the stereo version on an old quarter track tape and the sound is outstanding.

Glad you do..I have a stereo LP and it's typical mid 60s Compo garbage from
when they were cleaning the stampers with sandpaper. The CD is awful as well.
Tracks are chopped off without letting the last notes decay. I don't know if
the LP has this problem because it's unlistenable for other reasons. The
original mono LP is very nicely recorded, by the way. Not easy to find.