[78-L] Gaite Parisienne on SACD

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Thu Aug 6 07:57:33 PDT 2009

DAVID BURNHAM wrote:
> For some reason, when RCA issued the Super-audio version of this a few years ago, they used the 1954 version rather than the 1958, even though on regular CD, the 1958 version is sonically far superior.
>
> db

Nothing new about using a "wrong version"..Universal reissued the Leroy
Anderson Christmas album a few years ago. In mono. From the 1959 version. Noit
the 1955 mono original, not the 1959 stereo remake.

I've heard that some folk prefer the 1954 Fiedler performance. I can take
Fiedler or leave him doing this stuff..Efrem Kurtz was a million times better
and he conducted it in the first place, but he only recorded about 2/5 of the
score.