[78-L] scans of labels wanted

Han Enderman jcenderman at solcon.nl
Tue Aug 4 18:27:30 PDT 2009

It depends on the date of the play.
In 1926/27 they possibly used the Truetone label variant of the Laughing Record (red or black label), or
the slightly later the plain black label variant, or even the OKeh Electric black label.
And some may have preferred the black label issue coupled with Louis Armstrong.

Han Enderman
===
>>> Unless the audience is equipped with Super Vision, ANY red OKeh and pre-1925
Batwing Victor will do.

dl

Eric Goldberg wrote:
> Can anyone send me color scans of the "Okeh Laughing Record" and "Gallagher and Shean". They should be American from the 20s or 30s.
>
> I am helping a friend who is directing Arthur Miller's "The Price" and I am trying to make the records look right.
>
> Thank you
> Eric Goldberg
<<<