[78-L] Blue Price Stickersadded to early Columbia Black Labels

Steven C. Barr stevenc at interlinks.net
Tue Aug 4 17:55:25 PDT 2009

----- Original Message -----
From: <78records at cdbpdx.com>
> View images here:
> http://78records.cdbpdx.com/ColRePric/

Well...the BLACK "bar labels" were themselves VERY rare...and only used by
Columbia for later pressings of much earlier discs; thus, there were
probably no
black "stickers" intended for them?!

As for the "notes" labels...I would have to dig out the appropriate milk
boxes to
be ABSOLUTELY sure,but IIRC they alternated between black and blue
backgrounds...?! As I recall, I finally figured out the background colours
changed
whenever the prices did...this in turn meant that they would need stickers
in
the previously-used colour!

Steven C. Barr