[78-L] RCA Victor 22-XXXX series query.

Royal Pemberton ampex354 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 4 08:16:10 PDT 2009

Does anyone here know anything about this series?  I've only ever seen one
record in it, 22-0103, 'Tea for two' b/w ''Lotus blue' by Charlie Ventura
and his orchestra; it's my dad's worn and cracked copy.  (Was this a
bebop/modern jazz series?)  Underneath this catalogue number is 50-0103 in
parentheses, suffixed with the appropriate A or B.  I'm sure that's the
catalogue number for the 45 equivalent, so at least I can surmise this disc
dates from 1949, when RCA Victor did this on its 78 labels.