[78-L] The Latest from Bulawayo

agp agp2176 at verizon.net
Mon Aug 3 14:50:35 PDT 2009

In case anyone needs a note of trivia .. I just received a US London
78 of the Bulawayo Sweet Rhythms Band's follow-up (damn -- hope that
use of this term is not as contentious as the use of cover -- which I
shall heretofore replace with the word blanket for recordings in the
USA and duvet for recordings in areas the speak British English) to
Skokiaan and In the Mood. Its London 1519 and is Bulawayo Rumba b/w
Hondo Chiwutsi *which the label refers to as a quick step). Neither
carry any composer credit. They aren't as much fun as Skokiaan or In
the Mood, and neither are a duvet of anything.