[78-L] In The Mood

RAY KILCOYNE kil at roadrunner.com
Sun Aug 2 17:43:56 PDT 2009

OK, I bow to overwhelming documentation.  But I wish I were expert enough to
tell the difference by listening between Nelson Riddle and Vic Shoen.
RayK

From: "Cary Ginell"
According to "The Andrews Sisters" by H. Arlo Nimmo, "In the Mood" was
recorded with Nelson Riddle & his Orchestra on July 7, 1952. Release # was
Decca 28482. There is also a version on the Dot LP "The Andrews Sisters,
Greatest Hits, Vol. 2," with new arrangements by Allyn Ferguson & his
Orchestra, released in September 1963 (Dot DLP-3543). Those are the only two
versions listed that the girls recorded. LaVerne Andrews died on May 8,
1967, but the sisters performed together up until the fall of 1966.