[78-L] I saw the film!

Michael Biel mbiel at mbiel.com
Sat Aug 1 18:06:25 PDT 2009

From: "joe at salerno.com" <jsalerno at earthlink.net>
From: Julian Vein <julianvein at blueyonder.co.uk>
> The point I was making is about people who have never or
> knowingly heard the artists concerned, only films about them.
> Julian Vein

. . . by other performers.  Such as Jimmy Stewart as Glenn Miller, Steve
Allen as Benny Goodman, Mario Lanza as Caruso, Jimmy Cagney as Geo. M.
Cohan, Bob Hope as Eddie Foy, Bugs Bunny as Stokowski, . . .

But in addition to the two documentaries mentioned, there was a movie
about the Comedian Harmonists where they were portrayed by actors, and
"Souvenir" has Judy Kaye portraying Flo Jo.

Mike Biel  mbiel at mbiel.com