[78-L] covers

Julian Vein julianvein at blueyonder.co.uk
Sat Aug 1 16:23:38 PDT 2009

DAVID BURNHAM wrote:

But when it comes to the sensitivity of some folks, I was jumped on
several months ago for referring to a common Canadian road hazard as
"Black ice".  This person insisted that it's only called that because
it's dangerous and that it's a racist term.  She said it should be
called "clear ice".  If anyone has ever hit "black ice", they know how
appropriate the term is.  I gained a point in the argument though by
offering that "White-outs" aren't much fun either.

db
The ice appears black because the underlying road is that colour.
Perhaps roads should be made of various colours to reflect various
ethnicities?

      Julian Vein

__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 4297 (20090801) __________

http://www.eset.com