[78-L] Disc Rot in Pearl Music from the New York Stage

Jeff Sultanof jeffsultanof at gmail.com
Sat Aug 1 10:16:06 PDT 2009

I've been on vacation and am only now catching up on e-mail.

Back in the late 90s as I recall, there was a short article in a British
publication about Pearl's complete Caruso box having certain discs spread
with rot (these were pressed by PDO). I don't remember now why this occured
(this was not the same as laser disc rot, which was caused by the glue
binding the two sides of the disc together). Pearl isolated the problem to
the Caruso, the four Broadway boxes and a few other titles, and asked
purchasers to send these discs to them for replacements.

The ones that were pressed later do not have this problem.

I should check my volume 4 set as well, but am still in Flordia.

Jeff Sultanof