[78-L] In The Mood

Julian Vein julianvein at blueyonder.co.uk
Sat Aug 1 07:11:05 PDT 2009

agp wrote:
> What I have always found interesting about In The Mood is the tangled
> story about the melody beginning in 1930 with Tar Paper Stomp by
> Wingy Manone (Decca 7425) through Hot and Anxious by the Baltimore
> Bellhops (Columbia 2449-D) eventually ending up mashed together with
> She Loves You in The Beatles' All You Need Is Love .... with a bunch
> of stops along the way including a clucked version by the Henhouse
> Five plus Too (Ray Stevens).
>
> Great stuff

--------
There are other good versions by Edgar Hayes, Artie Shaw and Oscar Aleman.

Have we been spared:

In The Mood Bossa Nova
In The Mood Tango
In The Mood Samba
In The Mood Boogie Woogie
Fantasy On In The Mood
Theme And Variations On In The Mood
In The Mood Blues
I'd Like To Meet The Guy Who Wrote In The Mood
Ghost Of In The Mood
In The Mood Rhapsody
In The Mood Concerto
In The Mood Waltz