[78-L] Jan Savitt and vocalists

Taylor Bowie bowiebks at isomedia.com
Fri Jul 31 11:52:16 PDT 2009

I have several of Jan Savitt on Bluebird with Carlotta Dale as well as Bon
Bon.They came
from a business here in Coos Bay,Oregon that sold and serviced juke boxes
and pinball
machines.These records were never played.Carlotta Dale was injured in a car
wreck.Her
face was disfigured.In the early forties,she worked with bandleader Will
Bradley according
to George T. Simon in his 1966 book "The Big Bands".I had one record on Joe
Davis.From
from what I remember,the records were released by way of Gennett Records
which struck
me as odd in that the company folded in the early thirties.I don't know much
about Bon Bon
after his stint with Jan Savitt.What I do know is that he returned to the
Three Keys.

Thanks,  Dale.  The info in the Simon book  (1967) is the only place where
I've read anything about her.  She deserves to be better remembered and
better documented.  As I'd mentioned before,  I've found nothing of her on
record after the Bradley Columbias...and nothing in print,  either.

Taylor