[78-L] Female Jazz and Popular Singers.

Bill McClung bmcclung at ix.netcom.com
Fri Jul 31 07:47:17 PDT 2009

I really like Ella's duets with Louis Armstrong.  I think she shows great
timing and great interplay and I, for one, was surprised and delighted by
her on these sides.

I also liked her work with Count Basie on the Pablo label.  Again, lots of
versatiility and great interplay with Basie.

She did so many, many songs. Many are certainly pedestrian but many are
totally jazzy and wonderful.

I think she often played down (or up) to the level of her teammates.

signature database 4293 (20090731) __________