[78-L] Female Jazz and Popular Singers.

Julian Vein julianvein at blueyonder.co.uk
Fri Jul 31 06:55:14 PDT 2009

Spats wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Peggy Lee is my favourite of ALL female singers, even over Ella,
> partly because she can sing in ANY genre and somehow still sound
> 'right' although singing it HER way. Actually, I don't think that she
> did sing that much 'pap'.

> Earl.
I agree about Peggy Lee, but have to admit I haven't investigated her
work as much as I should have done.

Kay Starr, like Marie Bryant, exudes jazz as soon as she open her mouth.
I don't hear that with Ella. I see that as we've moved onto popular
singers, I don't consider Ella as anything more than a studio
professional. There's never an element of surprise in her work.

      Julian Vein

__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 4293 (20090731) __________

http://www.eset.com