[78-L] Jan Savitt and vocalists

GENE JOSLIN electrodeon at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 29 18:08:12 PDT 2009

Jan Savitt, Bon Bon et al made a number of great Thesaurus transcriptions.
Afternoon radio was brightened in the 30's with "Quaker City Jazz" live from Philadelphia  The theme contains a beautiful long lip flutter on the trombone, which can be heard on a Bluebird of the time.  Many highs school dance bands played the arrangement of 720 in the Books.  The bright chord progressions in the intro were a joy. -Gene Joslin