[78-L] Mae Questel, the Betty Boop girl

Taylor Bowie bowiebks at isomedia.com
Wed Jul 29 09:18:21 PDT 2009

Somewhere along the line "somebody" told me that the accomp. on Lollipop
included Pletcher and Norvo.  Certainly there are jazz people on a number of
Questel Deccas,  as I recall Bobby Hackett on I Want You For Christmas.  The
trumpet work on Lollipop is excellent.

Lollipop was popular enough that it was reissued on a plain blue label Decca
later on.

Taylor