[78-L] eBay seeks to kill all low price sales :(

D P Ingram darren at ingram.fi
Tue Jul 28 11:07:42 PDT 2009

Seems that eBay is introducing more measures to kill sellers who want
to sell cheap records (i.e. often using the 99p /or local equivalent
start price for their "free listings".

http://pages.ebay.co.uk/sell/sellerupdate/freeshipping.html

I think I saw this also for ebay.com and I dare say other territories
in due course.    I guess this means they will lose out on a few
thousand sales from my own account (stuff that is of interest to some
collectors, but not at the risk of me paying the 10-20 cents minimum
start price to counter the postage options with risk of unsolds.

A rival /workable/ service for non US sellers welcomed...

Darren
posting in a private capacity.