[78-L] A question for our GG contingent...?!

Donna Halper dlh at donnahalper.com
Mon Jul 27 22:38:09 PDT 2009

>Mike wrote--
>
>I wonder if he was any relation to the mythical Bill Dodge which was a
>fake name used by NBC Thesaurus in 1934 for the Benny Goodman
>recordings, and afterwards for other bands.  And what cars did they
>drive?

I'd be surprised.  Will Dodge was widely respected in Boston, but I
don't have much evidence that he performed in NY nor on any network
programs other than the Yankee network (New England).  But when I
hear the name Dodge, I do recall that mythical legal team Dodge, Duck
and Hyde (from the Three Stooges, who also gave us Dewey, Cheatham
and Howe).