[78-L] Same or similar

Steven C. Barr stevenc at interlinks.net
Mon Jul 27 22:32:31 PDT 2009

----- Original Message -----
From: "Cary Ginell" <soundthink at live.com>
> Found a bunch:
> Sonny Boy Williamson (Bluebird) & Sonny Boy Williamson (Checker)
<snip>
In fact, the second "Sonny Boy" intentionally used the name of the first! He
MAY (we don't know for sure?!) have been originally named "Rice Miller."
As it later turned out, the second artist had several hit recordings, and
some
of his tunes evolved into "blues standards"...so he is the artist most
current
blues lovers think of when they hear that name!

"Sonny Boy I" (the original) was, sadly, murdered in a robbery; he was
basically part of Bluebird's "house blues band" at their Chicago (area)
recording studio...well before "Sonny Boy II" was heard or heard OF...?!

Steven C. Barr