[78-L] A question for our GG contingent...?!

Steven C. Barr stevenc at interlinks.net
Mon Jul 27 20:03:20 PDT 2009

Okeh...I've been going through a milk box full of Grey Gulls...1130 to
1590...and
now have a question about three of the GG sides (m# 3013/14/15)...!

Two of these are credited to "Ted and his Gang," while the third was issued
as
"The Polar Bear's Orchestra." All three credit "Will Dodge" as their
director. I
dimly recall (I THINK!) that "Ted" was, in fact, a local-to-Boston band whom
GG decided to record (in place of their usual house band). BUT...does anyone
know of/about "Will Dodge?" And...was "Polar Bear's..." simply another GG
"nom du disque" (presumably inspired by "Cliquot Club Eskimos" who WERE
a real band...?!)...?!

Steven C. Barr