[78-L] goon show Q. for British listers

bradc944 at comcast.net bradc944 at comcast.net
Sat Jul 25 10:44:37 PDT 2009

It was a pun on cigar adverts I believe... in the story where Neddy is to "move a piano from one room to another", the one room being the Louvre, there are repeated instances of "Have a Gorilla" with varied replies.  The ones I can remember (replies) are:

"No, thanks, I've... just put one out"

(Neddy to Eccles in the hold of the steamer going to France): "Have a gorilla".  Eccles accepts and f/x of a roaring gorilla is heard, with Eccles putting up a brave fight.  After a moment, silence ensues, then Eccles says "......strong...."

Another exchange:

"Have a gorilla."
"No, thanks, I'd rather smoke baboons!"
"Good show!"
"Baboon Show!"
(F/X: cheesy off-tune fanfare)

This episode is one of my favorites (favourites if you must), which includes the most hilarious rendition of a recording of Big Ben being...... well, you'd have to hear it to describe it. :)

"Everybody out! That includes you two idiots behind the pane of glass!"

Brad