[78-L] Tops and Top 10 and so on

agp agp2176 at verizon.net
Sat Jul 25 09:08:03 PDT 2009

At 15:53 25/07/2009, DL wrote:
>Ignore previous message..she sings the entire lyric and she DOES want the
>recipient to be her girl. Hokey smoke, this one's awful..think Teresa Brewer
>channeling Jimmy Boyd.

Oooohhhh -- I love awful!

But -- something that has to have just occurred is that as you were
listening to that, I was dubbing off a UK Columbia 78 of That'll Be
the Day By Larry Page (the Teenage Rage) -- who would later, thank
God, produce Wild Thing for the Troggs, use the talenst of Jimmy Page
of in his pre-Led Zep  days, and own Page One Records - -oh and 78
era connection here -- renamed himself in honour of Larry Parks in
the Jolson Story.

Anyway -- what a stinker this record is! If we were both listening to
such rubbish at the same moment I hope that rift in the space-time
continuum can be repaired! Did I just feel the earth moving closer to the sun?