[78-L] Blue

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Mon Jul 20 20:18:34 PDT 2009

Scroll on down.

Steven C. Barr wrote:
> [...]
As I say, both meanings have been used. I ran across "blue pencil" meaning
"edit" not long ago..might have been in a crossword puzzle. And comedians
tailoring their act for an adult audience (in a long forgotten time) would be
said to "work blue". A radio station librarian might mark a disc or track
"blue" as an explanation for keeping it off the air. Never mind that today you
and I can hear bluer stuff from the car next to us while waiting at a red light.

> Has anyone asked David Diehl...he of the "Blue Pages?!"

Where ya think the name came from?