[78-L] Discography for WWII Era Barbary Coast Orchestra at Dartmouth

zimrec at juno.com zimrec at juno.com
Mon Jul 20 18:27:20 PDT 2009

Date: Fri, 17 Jul 2009 20:38:52 -0700 (PDT)
From: 78records at cdbpdx.com
Subject: [78-L] Discography for WWII Era Barbary Coast Orchestra at
	Dartmouth
To: 78-l Online <78-l at klickitat.78online.com>

Greetings.? I am trying to find out about recordings made by the Barbary Coast Orchestra
at Dartmouth College during WWII.? Any way to determine what recordings were made of
the?orchestra during this time?? I have a few but want to know if there were more and who
would have made them.?
?
So far, I have:
?
Whitten, Chase, Stahl, Lazo - saxes
Chapman, Miller, Olin - trumpets
Rudnick, Simpson - trombones
Storfer - piano
Roitman - bass
Eldredge - drums
?
I've looked on the internet and contacted Dartmouth College but found nothing.
?
Thanks!? CDB

What you need to do is contact the Dartmouth alumni association.  They may be of more help than the college, itself.  College yearbooks may provide full names and other info, even for years in which the members were not graduates.  Try this link: http://alumni.dartmouth.edu/.  For contact, scroll down about halfway.  In left column is big question mark with link to immediate right.  Hope that helps.

Art