[78-L] Record Research, wuz Re: Collecting hobbies and their prices...

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Sun Jul 19 21:03:40 PDT 2009

Don't get me started on reading these old Record Research issues, okay? First
one I looked at (#27) has a discography, BURL IVES ON COLUMBIA RECORDS Part 1
which I sure could have used a few years ago if I'd known I had it. Naturally I
don't have the issue containing part two (my stash jumps from 28 to 35 since
the "complete" run I was bidding on about 12 years ago was cherry picked). I
also see Barry Hansen doing a blues column in these issues. He's better known
as Dr. Demento.

Can anyone tell me what is causing holes to appear in the back pages of some of
these magazines, by the way? Something in the paper that disintegrates at
certain temperatures or degrees of moisture or dryness? I first noticed this
some years ago when the picture sleeve of Kitty Kallen's "I'm A Little Teapot"
developed holes in a pattern that followed the shape of the record.