[78-L] Synthetic Plastics LIVES!

Michael Biel mbiel at mbiel.com
Sun Jul 19 15:57:55 PDT 2009

Believe it or not, Synthetic Plastics is still in business!!  Perhaps
they have realized, like Steve Barr recently mentioned, that this name
is rather redundant since they have changed their name to Inspired
Studios.  They are now making CDs and I-Tunes downloads in a Passionate
Music series (Passionate Piano, Romantic Guitars, and Sensuous Sax --
with the requisite dirty pictures on the covers) Christmas, Irish,
Halloween, Salute to America series, along with, of course Peter Pan and
Tinkerbell kids records.  The company is being run by Daniel K. Kasen,
son of one of the founders, brothers Donald and Lewis.  He has the
archive and is digitizing all those great recordings that appeared on
Peter Pan, Spin-O-Rama records, Pirouette Records, Ambassador Records,
Clan Records, Diplomat Records, Guest Star Records, Promenade Records,
Power Records, Humpty Dumpty, Tinkerbell, Rocking Horse, and Mother
Goose Records.  They have a website with a company history and a listing
of what is now available from them.

http://www.peterpanmusic.net/index.htm

You might want to check out some of these immortal songs on one of their
kids albums:
Sam, Sam the Lavatory Man, Willie's Underwear, National Embalming
School, My dead Dog Rover, God Bless My Underwear, My Stomach has had
it, and He Jumped from 40,000 feet.

And there is a web site with label lists of most of the cheapy labels.

http://forbiddeneye.com/labels/archives.html

Mike Biel  mbiel at mbiel.com