[78-L] Juvenile behavior (mine)

agp agp2176 at verizon.net
Sun Jul 19 09:24:31 PDT 2009

My juvenile adventures in the land of gramophone record destruction
included coming to the conclusion that an 8-and-a-half x 11 inch
piece of paper fashioned into a cone with a hat pin stuck through the
pointy end of the cone would make a dandy experiment in sound
reproduction as a Victrola did it. I ruined many a disk with my
experiment. On was the 45 of Rhythm of  the Rain by the Cascades on
Valiant. I liked the way the bit with the thunderstorm sounded
through the paper cone. 78s were a bit more durable -- just barely.