[78-L] Very uplifting!

Michael Biel mbiel at mbiel.com
Sat Jul 18 12:47:03 PDT 2009

From: Royal Pemberton <ampex354 at gmail.com>
> Anyhoo....one thing that started some years ago that has always
> aggravated me is the replacement of labelling with symbols, e.g. the
> speed control on a lawnmower which, instead of at least S and F for
> SLOW and FAST, has, respectively, a turtle and a rabbit!

NO!  That is supposed to indicate what you are AIMING FOR !!!!

Mike (apologizing again in advance) Biel  mbiel at mbiel.com

P.S.  To bring this back into 78 content.  Children's records often had
pictures on the labels to help younger kids tell the difference between
their records, and sometimes had a different picture from the same story
on the different sides.  And some of the companies, especially Decca,
used different colors for each label.  They often also had large
numbers, and RCA Victor had different amounts of dots above the set's
picture to note the side numbers.  This did help kids eventually know
their numbers, at least 1 and 2, sometimes also 3 and 4, and
occasionally 5 and 6.  And then later on they could learn to count up to
78!!