[78-L] Uncle Walter

Michael Biel mbiel at mbiel.com
Sat Jul 18 11:40:38 PDT 2009

From: David Lennick <dlennick at sympatico.ca>
> Did Walter Cronkite appear on any 78s? Any of the "Hear it Now"
> or "You Are There" albums?  dl

I don't think so.  He joined CBS in 1951 and was the narrator for the TV
version of You Are There, but the radio CBS Is There were from before
that and those were the source of the released recordings.  There is a
chance he is on the unreleased Vol 4, which not only didn't make it to
78, it exists only as a master tape and a dub at CBS.

Fortunately I had him autograph a copy of his Apollo 11 LP and "I Can
Hear It Now: The Sixties".  I had other things there, but his handlers
were trying to whisk him away, against his wishes, I might add.  And to
answer the unasked question, yes his ebay listings did increase in
value, but not as much as you-know-who.

Mike Biel  mbiel at mbiel.com