[78-L] Pathe Records Questions

Bart garioch at texas.net
Fri Jul 17 19:22:30 PDT 2009

Thank you very much.  "Petillo" is not an uncommon name, so searching
for "Petillo" by itself returned too much noise, but with the first name
and the last name I was able to find a recording of "Florida" almost
immediately - one of the first google listings was for a tango website
that had no real information about Raimundo Petillo but could stream
Victor 38536 by Orchestra Juan D'Arienzo.  Different disc, different
label, presumably different performer but at least I have a sense now of
what the tune sounds like.

I got to speak with the fellow who gave me the disc last night.  Seems
he once had the idea of collecting tango records, so it was the
"Florida" or the fact that it was a "tango Milano" that induced him to
acquire the disk in the first place, not the "Allo! Cheri!" side.

Bart