[78-L] Nimbus

Valerie Langfield rcq at minuet.demon.co.uk
Fri Jul 17 14:16:42 PDT 2009

In article <664129.67317.qm at web45304.mail.sp1.yahoo.com>, Alan Bunting
<alanbuntinguk at yahoo.com> writes
>--- On Fri, 17/7/09, Thomas Stern <sternth at attglobal.net> wrote:
>
>> I thought NIMBUS was defunct.  Saw a listing of LEE WILEY on NIMBUS
>> RETROSPECTIVE 4147.  Is the label active, or is this an old item?
>> Thanks, Thomas.
>
>Nimbus is now owned by Wyastone Estate who issue and distribute several
>other labels including Retrospective and the much respected Lyrita.

It might be of interest too that their Wyastone premises are available
for hire by other outfits; I was tangentially involved in such a
recording, which was later put out on another label (which pressed; not
CD-R); the acoustics there are excellent and the environment glorious.

I think I'm about to go OT!

--
Valerie Langfield
www.rogerquilter.co.uk