[78-L] Lost like a man on the moon

Margaret Still mgstill at bellsouth.net
Fri Jul 17 13:21:05 PDT 2009

Some songs on 45 related to the moon landing:

Jon and Robin and the In Crowd
Abnak 140
There's an American Flag on the Moon

Barry Winslow
Laurie LR 3509
The Smallest Astronaut (A Race to the Moon with the Red Baron)

Vik Venus (alias: Your Main Moon Man)
Buddah BDA 118
Moonflight

The most bizarre recording I own relating to the moon landing is an LP:

"Christmas on the Moon" with Tim Dinkins
Cartwheel LP-CW-112-A (Cartwheel Records was in LaPuente, California)
The title track, "Santa's Rocket," features a spoken lead-in done in a
sinister hillbilly voice. No other tracks have to do with the moon landing.

Earlier singles with trip to the moon theme (the Josie might be the ONE
78-era record, but mine is a 45):

The Chaperones
Josie 880
Cruise to the Moon