[78-L] Lost like a man on the moon

soundthink at aol.com soundthink at aol.com
Thu Jul 16 20:31:43 PDT 2009

Since I'm getting only a smattering of 78-L E-mail, I imagine everyone is talking about the 40th anniversary of man on the moon. The one one record I have directly related to this incident is:

A 45 with picture sleeve entitled "First Man on the Moon," narrated by Hugh Downs. This was issued on MGM PX-101.

Unrelated 78 recordings about men on moons:

Only the Moon Man Knows - Bonnie Guitar (Radio)
The Cop on the Beat, The Man in the Moon & Me - Phil Harris (on a Take Two CD)
Did the Man in the Moon Come from Texas? - Ole Rasmussen (Capitol)
Makin' Faces at the Man in the Moon - Kate Smith (Velvet Tone)
The Man in the Moon - Doc Williams & the Border Riders (Wheeling)
Me and the Man in the Moon - Ukulele Ike (Columbia)
Mister Moon-Man, Turn off the Light - Jack Norworth & Nora Bayes (Victor)
Tell Your Lies to the Man in the Moon - T. Texas Tyler & his Oklahoma Melody Boys (Four Star)

If there are any other AOL subscribers who have been exiled from 78-L, let me know. I'm missing the discourse.

Cary Ginell