[78-L] My first time with Hildegarde

Taylor Bowie bowiebks at isomedia.com
Tue Jul 14 10:04:36 PDT 2009

First Hildegarde record I ever bought (junque shoppe,  c. 1965) was the
black label Decca of her with Lombardo (!) doing a really nasty novelty song
"One-Zy,  Two-Zy" which has something in it to offend almost everyone on
78-L.  Gushing sincerity,  quasi-comedy,  baby-talk lyrics...and Lombardo!
Of course I liked it for some clearly preverse reasons and still have a
copy,  although it's not been played in some time.

I do like the Darling, Je Vous etc. etc. song altough I'm more partial to
the Nat Cole version.

Taylor