[78-L] Help with discography info on Col. Masterworks

Mike Harkin harkinmike at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 14 00:30:45 PDT 2009

Here are the data I have --

M-8   Mozart quartet #19, KV465  Lener Qt  67026-9D/L1545-8

The lovely Supervia Rossini somebody brings up haas nothing to do with Set 8 or any other Columbia issue, AFAIK.  Columbia did issue some Odeon/Parlophone material in the early 30's[mostly Tauber and Lehmann], but never Supervia....

M-12   Bethoven  Sym 8 LSO/Weingartner  67062-5D/L1640-3

M-17   St-Saens  Carnaval des animaux  Orch/Harty  67104-6D/L1617-9
'probably the Halle,' according to their discography

M-18   Schubert  Forellen Quintet  ens incl Claude and Ethel Hobday
67113-7D

M-236  Brahms  Cello sonata #1  Feuermann/v.d. Paas  68379-81D/LX404-6

Hope this helps!

Mike in Plovdiv