[78-L] Over There to Over Here

Taylor Bowie bowiebks at isomedia.com
Tue Jul 14 00:17:08 PDT 2009

From: "Michael Biel" <mbiel at mbiel.com>

> This thread moved from the question of importing foreign pressings of
> dance bands to the U.S. before 1923 to U.S. companies issuing foreign
> dance bands in the 1930s on American pressings.  While interesting, this
> is an entirely different question.  We KNOW that there were foreign
> dance bands and personalities issued by the American companies, but the
> question was whether the foreign PRESSINGS were imported into the U.S.

Actually my interest was more from the marketing standpoint and not the
actual issue of the records themselves...i.e. when did US record sellers
realize there could be a market for  British (or other) popular material,
either via imported disks or actual American issues of the foreign records?
.  So both categories are of interest to me.

Taylor