[78-L] 78 Prices--was:Here is the articleonTeftellerandParamount fromtheNY Times

Steven C. Barr stevenc at interlinks.net
Mon Jul 13 21:20:28 PDT 2009

----- Original Message -----
From: "Steve Thornton" <fnarf at comcast.net>
>> However, 78's have for the most part NOT been affected by this...?!
>> I can look ay my Record Changers and see 78's being sold for around $1
>> each for the most part...in the forties?!
> OK, now I'm confused; you were arguing that 78s are too expensive, but now
> you're arguing that they're not expensive enough? You could afford a
> dollar
> in the 40s but $3 today is too much? I'm really not getting this.

No...I'm NOT saying they aren't expensive enough! I have no intention of
selling my 78's (except for duplicates)...so "how much they are worth" is
TOTALLY irrelevant to me! I was just commenting on the fact that
the price of 78's...both new and used...has been around $1 since the
early forties...which I find interesting...?!

However, there was a party on "eWotsit" who was trying to sell 78's
(of no particular rarity or value?!) for $55 each...?! I don't imagine he
had a lot of takers?!

Steven C. Barr