[78-L] Kardos, Starr, Rollins, Haymes...everybody!

Charles Bihun csintala79 at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 13 14:18:25 PDT 2009

Below are links to articles about Kardos.  Neither mention a connection to Todd Rollins, but it is thought this was a pseudonymn for a studio band, so, who knows?    One interesting tidbit is a song attributed to Todd Rollins and Chick Bullock (who was a real person, mainly vocalist),  "The Boogie Man," Jass Records (?), 1929.

http://www.parabrisas.com/d_kardosg.php

http://www.csufresno.edu/folklore/drinkingsongs/mp3s/1930s/1930s-gene-kardos-and-joel-shaw-(CD)/vol-1/index.htm

ChuckB