[78-L] Raunchy old Kay Starr 78

Taylor Bowie bowiebks at isomedia.com
Mon Jul 13 13:10:11 PDT 2009

A great session.  I don't have a lot of post-war 78s but I recently won a
nice copy of Snuggled On Your Shoulder b/w Don't Let Your Love Go Wrong
because it was interesting to see two 30s pop tunes covered in 1947,  and
because I like Kay Starr a lot.

I noticed that another track from the session on Julian's list is listed as
"There Ain't No Sweet Man" and I'm assuming that this is the 1928 Fred
Fisher tune covered so well by Whiteman with Bix and Bing.

"So Tired" was a big hit for Starr,  right?  It was also a big hit for  Russ
Morgan the same year.

Taylor