[78-L] 78 Prices--was:Here is the article on Tefteller and Paramount fromtheNY Times

Julian Vein julianvein at blueyonder.co.uk
Mon Jul 13 00:35:03 PDT 2009

Michael Biel wrote:
   If Tefteller is buying records for tens of thousands of dollars, and
has a
> standing offer of $25K for two certain records, he is already paying
> top-of-the-market prices.  The profit is being made by the person
> selling him the record.  He is in the business of selling records and
> would supposedly know what the market will bear, but how many others up
> at this stratospheric high level of collecting are there?
>
> Mike (pauper) Biel  mbiel at mbiel.com
I suspect that collectors like Tefteller are also buying rarities at
well below the market price and selling them on at a profit. Someone
once remarked that although some 78s change hands at astronomical
prices, it still remains a poor man's hobby.

      Julian Vein

__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 4237 (20090712) __________

http://www.eset.com