[78-L] Here is the article on Tefteller and Paramount from theNY Times

agp agp2176 at verizon.net
Sat Jul 11 16:25:11 PDT 2009

At 18:43 11/07/2009, Taylor Bowie wrote:
>Great article...I'm always glad to see stuff in the media which treats the
>subject of record collecting as a serious (and very fun) activity.
>
>It would be nice if,  just once in a while,  a writer could let the world
>know that there are other genres of 78 collecting besides jazz,  blues and
>classical...or totally ancient stuff from the 1890s.

I agree. It is a good article but I too would like to see articles
about those of us who don't collect things a la the last surviving
copy of some blues record by <insert obscure musician name here>. For
some its just the fun of the chase to get say every 78 by some well
know artist. Sure, the records may only be worth a buck or two, but
they are worth millions on terms of memories.

My father in law collects 45s like that -- not for obscurity -- but
rather cause he likes whomever the singer or group is.

I dunno -- maybe I'm grumpy today -- but sometimes we come off as
elitists with this stuff that horridly out of reach of 99% of us.