[78-L] Canadian dance bands

RAY KILCOYNE kil at roadrunner.com
Fri Jul 10 08:19:50 PDT 2009

>From: "DAVID BURNHAM"
I just borrowed from the library a CD called "Dance Bands from Canada,
1922 - 1930". One surprise on this disc is a selection by Waring's
Pensylvanians. Unfortunately a previous borrower removed all the inner pages
from the booklet leaving only the cover so if there's an explanation in
there about how or when this band came from Canada, I don't have access to
it.

I noticed that before and almost asked the same question to the list, but
then, IIRC, I noticed that the Waring selection was MONTREAL, so I figured
that was the reason it was included.  There is no other Canada connection I
can think of.
RayK