[78-L] Bad news on record

warren moorman wlmoorman3 at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 8 17:31:35 PDT 2009

When Edison shifted to celluloid for cylinders in the summer of 1912, one of the earlier Blue Amberol titles issued was #379, "Nearer My God To Thee", by the Knickerbocker Quartet, in response to the already prevalent reports of the band's having played it as the Titanic sank. Later research suggests that while the story of the band's stoicism was true, the identity of "Nearer My God To Thee" as the last song may be apochryphal.

Warren