[78-L] Lusitania and other ships on record

Taylor Bowie bowiebks at isomedia.com
Wed Jul 8 08:39:54 PDT 2009

Bob Rice noted:

>  ESPECIALLY the 1908 version, considering she sank in 1912!! Would like to
> hear THAT one? A clip,link, anyone/where?The 1908 Titanic version SHOULD
> be
> a collector's item???

Of course the 1911 version would be just as interesting and Nostradamian,
if there were such a thing!

>     The Lusitania, vocal NEVER mentioned WHY the Lucy sank? Submarine?
> Black hole???"American Ships that sail from our slips, are safer for you
> and
> me" A US~ian sales pitch for our mini Merchant Marine? The Lucy was set
> up!
> The Brits wanted US in the war, figguring that, correctly; " a Thousand or
> more, who sailed from our shore, have gone to eternity" would get US into
> the war? They were right!

Sad but true...very few historians these days try to argue otherwise.  I'm
surprised that there were no more Lusitania songs recorded after the US
entered the war in 1917.  I would be very interested if anyone has seen any
such thing.  I have a few pieces of sheet music about the "Lucy" but they
were all issued close to the May 1915 sinking.

While we're on the subject,  can anyone add to my list of other ship
disaster songs?  I have records about the Titanic,  Lusitania,  Vestris and
Morro Castle...any more from pre-1940?

Taylor

Taylor