[78-L] Hugo and Luigi Research

Bill McClung bmcclung at ix.netcom.com
Wed Jul 8 06:07:19 PDT 2009

Three things.

Who else is mentioned besides Perry and Pelvis and Tab and Tommy and Monty?

I know I'd rather have Monty Cliff at my party that Mantovani.  But I'm
betting on Lou Monte as your mystery man because he recorded for both RCA
and Roulette.  Smells like a Hugo & Luigi connection.

One of the most horrifying Hugo & Luigi stories I have ever read was in
Peter Guralnick's biography of Sam Cooke.  When Cooke landed his RCA
recording contract H&L produced a Sam Cooke album which included the song
"My Grandfather's Clock."  I still have nightmares.  The ticking.  The
tocking.