[78-L] Non-Transcription OTR on 78 (was Decca SpecialtySeries(DAU-x))

Dnjchi at aol.com Dnjchi at aol.com
Wed Jul 8 05:16:47 PDT 2009

In a message dated 7/7/2009 11:52:26 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
bmcclung at ix.netcom.com writes:

The  first one I bought from an individual in Austin.  I had fouind  him
through an antique shop and went to his house and he had a shelf full  of
albums and that's where I found the first one.  And from then on I  just
looked for the Top Ten on the spine of any albums I saw.    Over the next
few years I found six of the seven.  I got the seventh  (actually, the first
one by Amos & Andy) from Kurt's auction, I  think.  I just kept my eyes open
for the Top Ten on the  spine.

Back in the '50s, I found all seven Top Ten albums in a St. Vincent de Paul
 thrift shop.  Bought 'em all!

Don Chichester

P.S.  Are there any St. Vincent de Paul shops anymore?

**************Summer concert season is here! Find your favorite artists on
tour at TourTracker.com.
(http://www.tourtracker.com/?ncid=emlcntusmusi00000006)