[78-L] Found A Good One Yesterday

Malcolm - Venerable Music malcolm at venerablemusic.com
Tue Jul 7 17:59:32 PDT 2009

Hey Everyone - These kinds of finds don't happen every day & I don't expect it to happen again in my lifetime really, but yesterday I found a solid V+ copy of Gennett-6311, Blackbirds of Paradise, Muddy Water/Sugar!!! After all these years, it was just sitting in a Victrola amidst all the regular records, waiting for someone like me to pluck it out! I really think my heart stopped for a moment & it is almost impossible to accurately describe the feeling! Even last night I had a hard time sleeping!

I uploaded a scan of the label here - http://www.venerablemusic.com/BBOPL.jpg

Seriously, this was the only decent record in the group. How the hell did it get there??
Luckily the owner sold me the record without having to buy the machine - but I would have if I had to.

What's the best record you've ever found in a Victrola?
On top of that - was it the only record of it'd kind in the machine? Seems like most of these magic record in a Victrola stories are just that - one odd (but great) record in a group that have nothing in common!?!

Malcolm

Venerable Music - http://www.venerablemusic.com/
Venerable Radio - http://www.venerablemusic.com/samphpweb/index.html
On Myspace - http://www.myspace.com/venerablemusic